1/10/07

Thoughts







So things have been so far so good on my keeping up with my laundry and trying a new recipes.

The new recipe was sort of out of desperation. I had cooked some chicken wanted to make a mushroom white wine sauce. Found that I had neither mushroom, wine, or chicke broth. So I found a can of tortilla chicken soup and I reduced that down with some cream and butter. I called it, Ani's Fiesta Chicken. Surprisingly it didn't taste bad..and my honey liked it. Go figure!

Hi, I'm back! I wrote the above and saved the draft. I got caught up in something. Probably laundry:)

So so far so good this week. I feel pretty good about studying and practicing my French. I love when the French and I noticed Italians do it too, they say, What do you do in life? I don't know how they say it their languages. Que faites-vous dans la vie? I don't know.
But I think it's a nice way of just asking more about you then specifically, What do you do for a living? That's so boring. And can get one answer..therefore not leading to much conversation. Ya know what if the person doesn't like their job? Or if they do, yes it can lead to interesting questions. But saying it the way the French and Italians do can lead to talking about your hobbies, travels, etc. I'm not Ani-American...it's just that I would love for our country to adopt some great things from other cultures.

Which leads me to why do we need the malls and stores open on Sunday? When I visited my belle-mere's house in Provence, I loved standing in line at the boulangerie for my baguette. I didn't need to shop on Sunday.

Oh.. and when I went on the TGV from Paris to Aix-en provence. Of course I loved the dogs on the train. I saw these grandparent with their grandchildren. And this grand-mere was stunning. Her make-up, hair, and her outfit, she was so put together! I saw the daughter drop off the kids to the grandparents on the tgv and I was thinking..."that's the grandma!".

Yes..I loved the dogs everywhere. That part was great! Ok..I'm off on a tangent again. But I had a wonderful trip and that was summer 05. I'm looking forward to my trip this March! Can't wait! And I'm stocking up on all my lotions and french shampoo's when I'm there.

Alright. Back to studying. I still haven't decided on what I would like to focus on as far as some type of certification goes. But I'm doing good things in the mean time.

No comments: