1/1/07

Blogger Virgin

So this is my first time.........blogging that is. I think it's a great way to keep track of myself! To understand a quick version of me see the "about me" section.

It's 2007 and I 'm ready to be good to me. I don't have big new years resolutions. Just permanent positive life long changes I would like to make. I need to be more accountable for myself. I know I can do this by making small positive changes everyday.

This year I plan to:

1. Train hard and compete in a fitness competition. Placing. winning, will be only secondary. I have to feel good about me and know that I trained my hardest...that's when I know I have won.

2. To speak and understand the French language better. I'm still a beginner. But I adore the language and I really want to speak it well.

3. To be more organized. I know...sounds so boring. Seriously though..I need to not let my laundry pile up like three mini volcanoes in my closet. I have to just get it done on the weekends of when time will allow during the week. So today I've done two loads! To keep my desk clean of clutter. To just throw receipts and crap away out of my purse when I'm done with them!

4. To be more flexible. To do the scissor splits.

5. To keep paying down personal debts. I've been doing it..just got to keep on trucking!

6. To cultivate my culinary skills and try new adventurous recipes.

7. To get certified in a new skill...I need to pick it and stick to it, seriously! Pilate's, Personal Training, or something else that interests me. Something so that my new skill can be beneficial to others. Must decide by Feb 1st 2007!

8. To continue to be kind to people I don't know. To not get caught up in gossip. To be more positive.

So I think that's a good list. Being there for my family and friends is something I feel pretty good about. Being kind to strangers..even a smile is something that I try to do. It's not always money that helps people. You can make someones day by holding the door for them, saying something nice about them...it's the small gestures that can brighten someones day.

Ok..yes...that's my list. I think it's all very doable and know I just have to make it happen. I don't want to be lazy with myself. I feel that I'm always there for others, which I love and will contine to do but I often put myself aside. I need to make more time for me. I don't want to be a shoulda, coulda, woulda person. Sounds cliché but it's true.

Oh! And this blog will be great for my daily/weekly adventures. Sometimes maybe I'll just write a little somedays a lot. I'm excited!

A bientôt

Till I blog again.

2 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Bonne Chance et Happy New Year!!

angela said...

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.
Good luck with the blog and speaking French.
A la prochaine,
Angela